Robert Prechter at Oxford, Cambridge and Trinity
Offering a New View of Financial and Social Causality
In this video, recorded at three of the world's most venerable institutions, Robert Prechter carefully contrasts traditional social and financial theory with his groundbreaking socionomic theory that will change the way you think about everything.
- Format: Video | 2 hours 40 minutes
- Presented By: Robert Prechter
- Level: Intermediate
Discover a radical new way of thinking about finance, economics and society
Have you ever questioned the conventional theory that social mood is buffeted by economic, political and cultural events? Consider the following commonly held beliefs:
- The financial markets are random, rational and efficient.
- Factors like earnings, GDP, war and peace drive the stock market and the economy. When these factors are positive, stock prices rise; when they're negative, stock prices fall.
- Market crashes happen when "Black Swan" events like corporate scandals and terrorist attacks scare investors into selling shares.
- Trends in society like fashion, music and entertainment are mostly random, impossible to predict and entirely unrelated to trends in finance and economics.
Now, what if you learned that all of these universal "truths" are false? How would these revelations change the way you live? How would they change the way you invest? Now's your chance to put yourself among the small minority of people – including scholars from three of the most respected institutions in the U.K. – who have adopted a radical new way of thinking about finance, economics and society.
In this two-hour presentation, Robert Prechter, the founder and pioneer in socionomic research, challenges the claim that social mood is lead by economic, political and cultural events. He asks and answers an all-important question that could literally change the way you think about everything:
"What generates these events in the first place?"
If you're dissatisfied with traditional theories of causality, socionomic theory provides an alternative, highly plausible approach to investing and understanding the world in general. Laid out in high-quality DVD format, Robert Prechter at Oxford, Cambridge and Trinity, will change the way you think – forever.
Meet Your Presenter
Robert Prechter began his professional career in 1975 as a Technical Market Specialist with the Merrill Lynch Market Analysis Department in New York. He has been publishing The Elliott Wave Theorist since 1979 and is the president of Elliott Wave International. He is also founder of the Socionomics Institute, which studies social mood and its impact on social action, including the stock market and the economy.
Learn an alternative approach to investing and understanding the world
As Prechter explains,
"The standard presumption is that the character of events determines social mood; the socionomic hypothesis is that social mood determines the character of events."
In these presentations, Prechter critiques the idea that rational responses to information determine financial prices. His Socionomic Theory of Finance offers a whole new basis for pricing, in which naturally patterned waves of social mood determine aggregate stock prices. With more than 100 charts and illustrations, Prechter counters long-held views and provides you with clear evidence supporting the socionomic premise – including specific examples, such as:
- The importance of economic vs. financial context with regard to supply and demand
- How evidence refutes claims of exogenous causality and objective financial values
- The Elliott wave model of financial pricing
- Herding, rationalization, pre-rational motivation and subjective vs. objective valuation
- How social mood regulates trends in fashion, music, entertainment, the economy and politics
Socionomic theory comes to life in two entertaining hours. Not only does Prechter demonstrate the failure of traditional economics to link dramatic events to stock market changes; he also shows you the predictive value of socionomics – with a compelling track record of published opinions based on the Wave Principle at major stock market turning points.
Order now and you'll also get instant access to the streaming version of this DVD, free:
Contact EWI Customer Care at 800-336-1618 or 770-536-0309 (Internationally) or Online Chat and you will get a fast, friendly, knowledgeable person to assist you. Please be sure to mention code: SCS